- 16 tiger prawns, shelled, de-veined and heads removed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 5-6 fresh green garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 green chilli, seeded and cut into julienne (matchstick) strips
- 1 red chilli, seeded and cut into julienne (matchstick) strips
- 7 tbsp Kadai sauce
- 5 spring onions, including green part of stems, finely sliced or cut into julienne (matchstick) strips
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt to taste
Rub the prawns with salt, turmeric and chilli powders and set aside for at least 30 minutes. Heat the oil in a pen, preferably at wok, and cook the garlic. When it is lightly browned, add the chillies and sauté for about 30 seconds.
Toss in the prawns to sear for barely minute, then add kadai sauce followed by the spring onions.
Stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and salt to taste and serve hot.